Thursday, September 23, 2010

Red Pine Lake

Let me start off this post by thanking my friends for getting me this book, 60 Hikes within 60 miles of Salt Lake City, by Greg Witt, for my birthday. I have LOVED it! It has great directions on how to get to the trailhead, even with GPS coordinates. It tells the mileage, difficulty, elevation gain, distance, and even has pictures and tells you whether or not dogs or horses are allowed on the trail. I love it.

On August 24, my dad and I hiked to Red Pine Lake up Little Cottonwood canyon. I know I've been to White Pine Lake, which starts on the same trail, but can't remember if I'd been to Red Pine. It was 7 miles round trip. The scenery was gorgeous.






Ryker loves crossing bridges. Any time we do, he says, "Yook, it's a Fridge." (translation: Look, it's a Bridge.)

Getting higher, a view out Little Cottonwood canyon. Look how tiny the road looks!









Red Pine Lake sits at about 9,750 feet.



What kid doesn't love to throw rocks in the water??

My dad and I wanted to climb up to that pass to see the view from the other side, but we ran out of time. It's also the way to the Pfeifferhorn summit.









Twin Peaks are the ones on the left.





Having lunch before heading back down.

Ryker fell asleep on the way down.

Looking towards the top of Little Cottonwood canyon. View of Snowbird.


0 comments: