Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Jodi tagged me on this one. Here's 7 random interesting facts about me:
1. I've never broken a bone, except maybe my toe when I stubbed it on a stool in the night. It hurt SO bad and swelled up and the whole top of my foot was purple, so yeah, I think it was broken, but I'll never know for sure.
2. When I make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies, more dough actually goes into my mouth than in the oven. (I know, it's horrible)
3. Kevin & I have 5 clocks in our bedroom. And only one of them has the correct time. Yeah, it's my alarm clock. Kev sets his 10 minutes fast, the one on the VCR is about 12 minutes fast, the big 'fancy' one on the wall has a dead battery, as well as the little 'fancy' one on my dresser.
4. I got part my 2 front teeth knocked out by a big heavy wooden gate at my grandparents house when I was younger. So I had some kind of fake teeth glued on to what remained of my real teeth back then. But they began to yellow and stain, so last year for Christmas, Kev bought some veneers, and the dentist wrote on one of his prescription papers "Gift Certificate for 2 brand new front teeth!"
5. I love Hidden Valley ranch! Okay, a lot of you already know that about me, but it's such a big part of who I am. Right? (by the way, it has to be made from the powder, with milk & Mayo, not that crap in a bottle that tastes like glue)
6. I can't stand fake/acrylic nails. Just on MYSELF, that is. I think they look beautiful on women, and I even had them for my wedding. But they drive me crazy and I want to peel them off! I just didn't like the way they felt. wierd I know.
7. I love milk! I drink it with every meal. It's the best thing in the world to drink with food. Yumm. And I don't really drink any soda, maybe I'll have root beer once or twice a year, and then it burns my throat and makes me feel sick. But I used to love it.
Is that random enough?
I tag anyone who wants to participate!
Posted by Tia at 1:20 PM
Kelly tagged me on this one. I have to post the 4th picture of my 4th folder and give an explanation as to what it is. Here goes:
This was taken Sept. 9, 2006, on our way to an overnight horseback ride in the Tetons. (One of my favorite rides to date!) The funny thing is, it's actually taken by my brother, Shane, and I had downloaded all of his pictures onto my computer. So it's not really even my picture.
I tag anyone who wants to do it!
Posted by Tia at 1:13 PM
Saturday, October 25, 2008
The Ironman World Championship took place on Saturday, October 11 in Kona, Hawaii. I love to watch this every year, even though they don't televise it until December or so. I just get the updates online. It is SO inspirational to me! Congrats to the 2008 world champions: Craig Alexander and Chrissie Wellington! Also, B.J. Christenson, an employee from SL Running Company competed and finished in 9:37:19! And to think he helped me buy my shoes!
Craig Alexander on the marathon leg, finished 1st place in 8:17:45
Chrissie Wellington: 1st place female (second year in a row!) 9:06:23
Posted by Tia at 10:31 AM
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
We celebrated Ryker's birthday out at my sister's house in Lakepoint this past Sunday, Oct. 19 with my side of the family.
We also celebrated Katie's birthday. She's 2!! Happy Birthday Katie!
More cake! As if he needs it. Happy Birthday Ryker!! We love you!
Posted by Tia at 8:06 AM
Friday, October 17, 2008
Posted by Tia at 3:42 PM
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Posted by Tia at 12:28 PM
Monday, October 13, 2008
Ryker loves this Halloween ghost. Here's some videos of him playing with it, and taking a few steps!! Caution: You may want to turn down your volume, I get pretty high pitched when I get excited, and it could harm your eardrums. ;)
Posted by Tia at 12:04 PM
Okay, so Ryker is going to have 3 birthday parties: Yesterday we did one with the Chapman's at Sunday dinner. Wednesday the 15th, (on his actual 1st birthday) we'll do a little something as a family, and then this Sunday we'll celebrate with the Henderson's, so prepare for a lot of pictures! Here's party #1 with the Chapmans.
We also celebrated Nicole and Dallin's birthdays!
After eating his cake!
Posted by Tia at 11:41 AM
Three of my friends and I have a girls night out once a month and go out to dinner, and sometimes a movie, but once or twice a year we go up to Park City and stay at the Westgate. We went this past Friday night and it was a great getaway. Thanks, Jesica, Shannon, & Krista for a fun time!
It was fun to wake up to SNOW on Saturday morning!
Posted by Tia at 11:19 AM
I took this cute picture of Kevin & Ryker the other day and it was so cute, I decided to post it! (That, and I don't have much else to blog about right now!) You can kind of see Ryker's teeth in the picture.
Posted by Tia at 11:15 AM
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Ryker's 1st tooth amazingly came in on his top gums as opposed to the bottom like most normal babies. I first felt it break through on September 30th, 2 1/2 weeks before his 1st birthday!! Here's a fun picture, he didn't want me to take it. And there's still not even a trace of teeth on his bottom gums. Wierd.
Posted by Tia at 8:56 AM
Since summer is coming to an end, and my garden tomatoes are growing scarce, I thought I'd post a picture of my favorite summertime snack: tomatoes w/ lowfat cottage cheese, and salt & pepper. I eat it almost EVERY day as long as I have fresh garden tomatoes. I will miss these....
Posted by Tia at 8:49 AM