Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chicken Zucchini Casserole


Sometimes I have way too much zucchini, and I don't have any idea what to do with it all. I stumbled across this recipe & thought I'd share. It's really yummy!

Chicken Zucchini Casserole

6 C. chopped zucchini/summer squash
1 chopped onion
1 C. chopped carrots
1 16oz. container sour cream
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 C. Shredded cheddar cheese
4 C. cooked chicken cubes (3-4 chicken breasts, or I just buy a whole rotisserie chicken & shred it.)
1 6oz. pkg Stuffing
1/2 C. melted butter
salt & pepper

Put zucchini, carrots, and onions in a large pot. Cover with water and add 1 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 min. Drain. Put vegetables back into pot. Add sour cream, soup, cheese and chicken and stir until combined. In a separate bowl, stir together the stuffing & butter. In a 9 x 13 pan spread 1/2 the stuffing mixture. Pour on the zucchini mixture. Top with the other 1/2 of the stuffing mix. Sprinkle w/ salt & pepper. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 1 hour. (Take foil off for the last 15 minutes.)

2 comments:

kimbob said...

that looks really good. I will have to try that

Lindsay said...

I am for sure going to try this. I LOVE zucchini and the rest sounds so yummy put together! Thanks for sharing! :)