Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mt. Olympus

On my 33rd birthday, I wanted to go hiking with Kevin. I hike quite a bit, but not a lot with Kevin. I chose Mt. Olympus, since I'd never hiked it before. My birthday fell on a Saturday this year, so it was the perfect day to go. We got babysitters for the kids, and went with some friends.
Here's a view of Mt. Olympus from I-215....


It was a pretty tough, very steep hike. The elevation gain is 4,060 feet over about 3.5 miles one way.










Here's the view from the saddle, a few hundred feet below the summit. It's the first spot you get to see views of the mountains around you, not just views of the valley. It was gorgeous up there!






Kev taking a breather....




At the summit. 9,026 feet.












Twin Peaks on the left, Lone Peak on the right.



We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse that night. It was a great birthday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Tia, all I wanted for my birthday was a big cookie. That looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations!