Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Moving to a new home....

Did I scare you? I'm not referring to us moving. Just my horses! My sister, however, did move to Idaho recently. We have been keeping our horses out at her house in Lakepoint, (near Tooele), for the past couple of years. When she moved, we had to find a new place for them. Now they are a lot closer, just off of 5600 West and 3500 South. It only takes me 5 minutes to get there as opposed to 25. My dad drove out to Lakepoint twice a day most days to feed them! I wonder how much he spent on gas these past couple of years.
Here's a picture of one of the last days they spent in Lakepoint. Honeybear is the sorrell on the left, she's lost a lot of weight this past winter, we're trying to get her weight back up before we sell her.

One of the last evenings spent there:

Here are the kids playing in the hay shed.


Dad loading Brandy in the trailer:



Dad & Asia:


Me & Rosey:



The girls and their cousin on Asia at the new place!


They even have baby goats there, SO cute!


And this is what Ryker was doing when I was helping my dad string some barbed wire up:



I'm excited about this new place. There's LOTS of trees to shade the horses, and it will be easier to get over there and ride more often. At my sister's we could just saddle them up and ride up the mountain, so we'll miss that, but you can't always have your cake and eat it too, I guess.

4 comments:

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Yes, don't scare us! I am glad you get to be with your horses more and that they're closer. That will be so nice. Now is that just mud on Ryker's face?? (j/k) What a cute picture.

Erin said...

How nice to have horses to ride. Chris and the kids were on "real" horses (as opposed to Cleon's little miniatures) for the first time a couple weeks ago, they loved it.

Mindy said...

I love the muddy face pictures, ah, nothing beats the experience life with a little boy...

I always wanted horses!

kimbob said...

I didn't know you had horses, how fun! I'm glad they are closer to you now. I love Ryker's picture, your title scared me and Bob was by me reading. Glad it was only your horses. Bob was surprised at the muddy face but total boy!